Good evening panda friends! Here are some highlights of last week's learning!
1. In science last week, we made a parachute and discovered how does a parachute interacts with air by testing it inside/outside the classroom.
2. We start the S.A.F.E buddies program this Tuesday! This week, we talked about different emotions and how people feels.
3. In 3rd grade math, we learned more about fraction and made a gallery walk!
4. At Friday assembly, we have a new group of student leaders to lead the community meeting! Congrats to Booker and Annaliese for getting this job!
5. This week's golden turtle goes to Christian for being a good communicator! Good job!
6. Friday is also our 100th days of school! We had fun doing 100 seconds challenge, hiding 100 into pictures, and writing 100 Chinese words!
Reminders for next week:
1. GALA school-wide Chinese New Year celebration is on Feb 7th 1:15-3:15! If you would like to join the celebration and help us monitoring activities that will be great! See here for more details: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/409084BA4AF2EA3FB6-gala2020
2. School healthy snack program will be from Monday to Thursday, so you only need to pack your child snack on Friday! Also feel free to pack a snack if your child is allergic to school healthy snack.
3. Math learning schedule for the upcoming week:
2nd grade: Module 5 Lesson 16 (Monday), Lesson 17 (Tuesday), Lesson 18 (Wednesday), Lesson 19 (Thursday), and Lesson 20 (Friday)
3rd grade: Module 5 Lesson 7 (Monday), Lesson 8 (Tuesday), Lesson 9 (Wednesday), Lesson 10 (Thursday), and Lesson 11 (Friday)
If the student is out of school for any reason, please follow the schedule and finished Problem Set and Homework at home so that when student comes back, he/she can catch up.
A great resource for you if you need help with any math lesson!!
(Second Grade) embarc.online/course/index.php?categoryid=4
(Third Grade) embarc.online/course/index.php?categoryid=5
Let me know if you have any questions! Happy Chinese New Year!