Happy Chinese New Year to you, panda friends! 新年快乐！The past Saturday was the Chinese New Year and this year is the year of the rat!
Here are some wonderful pictures of last week:
1. In 2nd grade math center, students practiced mental math by group playing!
2. In Library, we finally finished the book! Thanks Mrs. Kelly and Mrs. Starla for reading it to pandas! They really enjoyed it!
3. In order to celebrate the Chinese New Year, we learned some traditions through videos, tasted some Chinese snack, and made a rat craft! Most importantly, we had 红包 (Red Envelop)!
Reminders for next week:
1. As a whole school, we will celebrate the Chinese New Year on Friday, February 7th from 1:15-3:15 pm. This year for the celebration, we plan to have Performances and Activity Rotations. Performances will be from 1:15-1:45 pm, followed by 6 activity rotations (Chinese Snacks Tasting, Chinese Calligraphy Writing, Red Envelope Making, Chinese Dancing/Taiji, Chinese Beijing Opera Face Mask Painting, Chopsticks Using Relay Race).We would love to have volunteers come and help with decorations and monitoring different activity stations. We will have Kindergarten and 1st Grade rotate 6 stations on the ground floor and 2nd - 4th Grade rotate on the 1st floor. Please review the available slots and sign up by clicking this link https://www.signupgenius.com/go/409084BA4AF2EA3FB6-gala2020 or the link below. Please remember which floor and which station you have signed up for. Station volunteers will be helping with setting up the station, guiding students on how to do it and cleaning up after each class. Thank you so much! It is going to be a fun and educational event for all the students.
2. Safe Buddies program: Tuesday 9:35-10:00
3. Math learning schedule for the upcoming week:
2nd grade: Module 5 Lesson 12 (Monday), Mid-Module Assessment (Tuesday), Lesson 13 (Wednesday), Lesson 14 (Thursday), and Lesson 15 (Friday)
3rd grade: Module 5 Lesson 2 (Monday), Lesson 3 (Tuesday), Lesson 4 (Wednesday), Lesson 5 (Thursday), and Lesson 6 (Friday)
If the student is out of school for any reason, please follow the schedule and finished Problem Set and Homework at home so that when student comes back, he/she can catch up.
A great resource for you if you need help with any math lesson!!
(Second Grade) embarc.online/course/index.php?categoryid=4
(Third Grade) embarc.online/course/index.php?categoryid=5
Let me know if you have any questions! Happy Chinese New Year!